The Royal Sydney Golf Club is one of Australia's foremost social and sporting institutions. The superb Championship golf course, the lawn tennis courts, bowling greens and croquet courts, the number of major tournaments along with the harbourside location, the size of the membership, and the elegance of the Clubhouse and its surrounds all contribute to the Club's well deserved reputation.
On the 2nd August 1993 The Royal Sydney Golf Club celebrated its 100th birthday. As the second oldest golf club in New South Wales, it began life at Concord but soon moved to Bondi where Mrs Ebsworth's cottage, located on the inelegantly named Sewer Road, functioned as the first Clubhouse. From an original membership of twenty men, membership grew to 500 by 1910 and 2,000 by 1926. Women were admitted as members in 1895. In the centenary year, membership stood at 5,800, making The Royal Sydney Golf Club one of the largest sporting clubs in the western world. The present Clubhouse dates from 1922, following the destruction by fire of the previous Clubhouse which opened in April 1905.
Whilst The Royal Sydney Golf Club is a private club, open only to members, guests to this website are invited to access information about the Club, such as the history and facilities pertaining to golf, tennis, bowls, croquet, squash, and the Clubhouse. In addition, guests will be able to access a catalogue of products exclusive to Royal Sydney, and if so desire, purchases may be made from the website. If you wish to contact the Club, please refer to the contacts page of the website.